Omaha, NE, US
Full Time, Direct Hire
First Shift (Day)
Omaha, NE, US
Full Time, Direct Hire
First Shift (Day)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is seeking Laboratory Director for a direct hire position at a premier testing client in Omaha, Nebraska. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, trust The Experts at Hiring Experts.
Salary: $110-130k+ DOE
This client is an industry-leading company focused on providing laboratory testing and certification services for a variety of clients.
In this role you’ll be leading and managing the whole laboratory site. This role will give you an opportunity to provide leadership to a large team while helping to deliver reliable and accurate results.
- Implement strategic business initiatives with the objective of consistently producing accurate test results, maintaining clients, and ensuring continuous improvement in all areas.
- Interact with clients/projects requiring multiple resources and effectively facilitate inter-company and interdepartmental initiatives and interactions to best meet the needs of the client/project.
- Supervision and oversight of 50- 60 employees, dependent on Lab volume
- Provide operational, technical, and administrative support to all departments through management, planning, and allocation of resources.
- Effectively manage the staff’s performance; 1:1 meetings, evaluations, and training.
- Coach and mentor personnel and facilitate their personal and professional growth.
- Support the consistent production of accurate results. Ensure on time delivery (OTD) of all projects. Ensure testing turnaround times (TAT) are met.
- Ensure all results consistently stand up to internal and external audit standards and criteria.
- Maintain current practices and processes to continuously increase accuracy, productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure appropriate equipment and technical resources are provided and maintained.
- Ensure all departments are performing to expectations.
- Ensure the proper execution of the QA/QC programs, ISO 17025 requirements and all other accreditations regarding all operations and documentation requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain and improve Certified Laboratories Management systems.
- Work effectively with the VP Operations to meet business and position expectations.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science required, master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years technical lab experience and 7+ plus years managerial experience.
- Business acumen and experience managing a P&L of at least $10MM.
- Broad experience in food testing.
Experience and knowledge of both Chemistry and Microbiology testing methods.
- Knowledge of food microbiology testing methodologies- MLG, BAM, AOAC, USP, ISO, and CMMEF.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 17025 and the AOAC Food Guidelines.
- Knowledge of proximate and analytical chemistry methods and instrumentation.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong quantitative skills, proven attention to detail with effective organizational skills.
- Proven ability to develop, adapt, and validate testing methods.
- Proven expertise in relevant technologies.
- Proven problem solving, trouble shooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent computer skills required – Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Labware LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) desirable.
What happens next:
Once you apply, you’ll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don’t worry – even if this position doesn’t work out, you’re still in our network. That means our team of expert Science & Clinical recruiters will have access to your profile, making your opportunities limitless.
Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world’s most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we’re obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it’s about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It’s the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It’s the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.